Reaching an excellent level of physical fitness is pursued by many people for years. However, the recent increased demand for healthy foods, cardio equipment, and other fitness products indicates that people are taking their physical health more and more serious.
Working out is one of the most common methods that people use to get fit. It has resulted in many gyms being opened and new home fitness products being invented to help make exercising easier.
The Bowflex BodyTower is one of those products. It's a multi-station workout tower designed to help you perform a variety of exercises like pull-ups, dips, and sit-ups. Sounds promising, right? So let's take a look!
- The horizontal bars are adjustable. You can adjust the height of the horizontal bars, depending on what exercise you want to perform.
- It is relatively easy to assemble and comes with a manual that gives clear directions on how to go about it.
- The equipment comes with easily adjustable sling straps. They offer a firm and comfortable grip while working out.
- It comes with a tower-mounted workout placard which displays eight main exercises.
- The machine itself doesn't offer extra resistance. Your body weight serves as the resistance.
- A few of the other Bowflex machines offer a cardio feature. This one doesn't.
The tower consists of various parts. It's designed to help you perform different exercises, and you can adjust a few parts to suit the intensity and workout.
Examples of activities you can do using this tower include sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, squats, leg raise, and planks. A few of the main exercises are explained below.
- The pull-up bar is located at the top of the tower. It provides a firm grip when performing exercises like pull-ups, knee, and leg raises.
- The sling straps are attached to both sides of the pull-up bar. Foam paddings are then put inside of each strap to make exercising more comfortable. They offer support when doing exercises like planks. Doing a double check on these straps is crucial. Accidents can happen if they aren't correctly attached and can result in serious injuries.
- The hand grips are attached to the arms of the machine. You can hold on to them when doing an exercise like push-ups. Just like the string straps, you should always check whether they have been attached correctly to avoid accidents.
- Furthermore, the machine comes with an exercise placard. It is attached to the backbone of the equipment and offers instructions on how to perform eight of the more than 20 workouts. You can find more exercises in the manual.
REVIEW OF THE PRODUCT
Build quality: 4.5/5
The all-in-one station has a commercial-grade steel frame that is attached to the rest of the tower using bolts. The commercial-grade steel frame makes the machine suitable for people with a maximum weight of 300 pounds.
The frame also comes with a five-year warranty and a one-year warranty on parts. The relatively long frame warranty is quite uncommon amongst Bowflex models. The five-year frame warranty is a good indication of the stability of this particular machine.
Training variety: 4/5
You can do more than twenty exercises using the multi-station workout tower. It has been designed to help users work out more than one particular body part which is efficient for those who want to train their lower- and upper body without having to switch machines.
Ease of assembly: 4/5
The tower is relatively easy to assemble. The actual assembly takes eight steps. Each step is covered in the manual with pictures and text.
The ninth step is the final inspection, which is obviously important. The inspection makes you double check if the tower is level, the fasteners are tight enough and to make sure that all of the components are correctly assembled.
Please note that you'll always have to use the official manual for the correct and full instructions!
Comparison with other Power Towers
Weider Power Tower
The Weider Power Tower is a bit broader. The dimensions of this tower are 57 (L) by 41 (W) by 84 (H) inches, while the Bowflex tower is 53" (L) by 50" (W) by 77" (H). So the Weider Tower might be a better choice if you're looking for a smaller tower.
The Weider Tower mostly focuses on the upper body. Bowflex, on the other hand, focuses on the whole body which makes the Weider Tower suitable for people who want to focus on their upper-body.
The Stamina 1690 is a basic power tower that supports exercises like pull-ups, push-ups, and triceps dips.
The tower from Bowflex also supports a variety of exercises but offers more comfort and training variety compared to the tower from Stamina.
The Stamina 1690 is a good choice if you are looking for a basic machine to perform upper-body workouts.
The tower from Body Champ allows users to perform exercises like dips, push-ups, chin-ups, and pull-ups.
The Body Champ tower is comparable to the Stamina 1690, which means that it's a basic machine suited for upper-body workouts. However, it offers more comfort than the 1690 because it has extra support for your arms and back.
The Bowflex BodyTower is a good choice for users who are looking for an all-in-one tower with enough exercises to vary their training.
The tower mounted placard is a useful extra for beginners. You can just pick an exercise and start your workout without the need of the manual.
It doesn't have a rowing feature like some of the other Bowflex home gyms. But if you're looking for something more basic to perform lower- and upper body workouts it's still a good choice.