The ProForm Performance 300i treadmill is especially suited for walking and jogging. It has sufficient options to vary your training, like; an incline of up to 10 percent, preset workout apps designed by a professional personal trainer and a maximum speed up to 10 MPH.
The treadmill is less suited for serious runners. Yes, the treadmill has a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour, but the belt is relatively small. That’s why this treadmill is less suited for serious runners.
- The space saving design and folding system are a ‘pro’ for people who don’t have a lot of room.
- A maximum incline of 10 percent. Walking, jogging or running at an incline can help to build more muscle.
- The maximum weight capacity of 300 Lbs.
- The treadmill has a relatively small 16” (W) by 50” (L) belt, which makes this treadmill less attractive for those who want to run at a higher pace.
- If you want to use iFit, you need a paid membership.
- You’ll have to choose which information you want to display about your training. It’s not possible to show all of the information in the LCD-display at the same time.
- The space saving design might be useful for people who don’t have enough room for a large treadmill. The dimensions of the treadmill are; 64.7” length, 28,9” width and 55” height. Besides, this treadmill is foldable. Folding the treadmill in a vertical position might help you to save extra space.
- The treadmill has an integrated tablet holder. The tablet holder holds your tablet in place while you perform your workout. Using a tablet while you're exercising might make it more enjoyable because this allows you to listen to your favorite music or watch a movie on your tablet.
- With eight weight loss workouts and eight performance workout programs, the treadmill has a good mix of preset workouts. Just as the name says, the weight loss workouts are designed to help you burn fat while the performance apps are designed to enhance your cardiovascular system.
- The sound system allows you to listen to music through the built-in sound system. To use the sound system, you’ll have to connect your MP3-player or iPod into the Intermix Acoustics 2.0 Sound System. Note: you’ll need to plug in a 3.5 mm male to 3.5 mm male audio cable between your device and the console. After which you can listen to your music through the two 2-inch speakers.
REVIEW OF THE PRODUCT
Build Quality: 4.5/5
The treadmill has a 2.0 Continuous HorsePower drive system (motor), which is sufficient for most walkers and joggers. The motor accommodates a maximum running speed of 10 Miles Per Hour.
Even though 10 MPH is quite fast, serious runners might want to look for another treadmill because with 16-inch width and 50-inch of length the tread belt is relatively small. The relatively small belt could be a problem for runners who want to run at a high pace.
Furthermore, the treadmill supports a maximum weight limit of up to 300 Lbs. A 300 Lbs. weight capacity is relatively high compared to similar treadmill models. So this treadmill might be a good choice for an overweight person (who obviously weighs less than 300 Lbs.).
One of the main features of this treadmill is the relatively large one window LCD-display. The LCD-display shows you the; heart rate, elapsed time, speed, distance and the approximate number of calories burned.
However, the display won’t show all of the information at the same time. If you want to change the information on the display you’ll have to press the ‘priority display’ button a few times until it shows you the desired information.
Another noteworthy feature regarding the technology of the treadmill is the Grip Pulse EKG Heart Rate Monitor. If you hold the built-in handgrips, the display gives you an idea of your current heart rate.
For a more accurate reading of your heart rate we suggest you use a wireless heart rate monitor. The wireless heart rate monitor isn’t included. According to ProForm, the treadmill is compatible with every BlueTooth Smart heart rate monitor. If you want to make sure if the heart rate monitor your about to buy is compatible with this treadmill, then we suggest contacting ProForm.
The ProShox cushioning system is designed to give your joints extra support during your exercise. The cushioning system right underneath the belt absorbs the shocks which reduce the impact.
Furthermore, during a manual work out the Quick incline of 0-10% and the Quick speed 0-10 MPH buttons allow you to change the speed and incline of the tread belt quickly. The buttons are in the middle of the console, so it’s quite easy to adjust your speed or incline.
If you want to vary your training even more, then you could subscribe to iFit. iFit is a separate training module which you can use by connecting a tablet. It's a workout system that links your treadmill to the internet.
The system allows you to train ‘on real-life tracks’, supports a healthy diet and helps you stay motivated. Please note that you will need a paid subscription to use iFit.
"HOW DOES IT COMPARE?"
ProForm Performance 400i
The 400i is the upgraded version of the 300i. The biggest differences between these treadmills are; the larger 20” by 55” tread belt, the stronger 2.5 CHP motor and it has two more workout programs. Other than that the console is different and looks more appealing.
The larger belt and the stronger motor are particularly interesting for runners because it makes running more comfortable. That’s why it may be a better choice if you are a runner.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7635
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7635 is a similar entry-level treadmill. In some ways, it’s better than the 300i. For example, it has a bigger 17.3” by 51” belt and a backlit LCD-display.
However, the overall specifications of the 300i are better than the SF-T7635. The SF-T7635 has no automatic incline which means you’ll have to adjust the incline yourself. Plus, it has 12 workout programs compared to the 16 workout programs of the ProForm treadmill.
The SF-T7635 might be a better choice for walkers who are looking for a bigger deck or a backlit LCD-display.
If you’re interested in a treadmill with the specifications of the ProForm treadmill discussed in this review but don’t like the ProForm brand, then the NordicTrack T 6.5 S might be an interesting option.
The specifications are very similar; a 20” by 55” inch tread belt, a 2.6 CHP motor and 20 built-in workouts designed by a professional personal trainer. Additionally, it has the same maximum speed of 10 miles per hour and the same 10 percent maximum incline level. That’s why it may be a good alternative for the 300i.
Should you buy the 300i?
If you are looking for a treadmill for walking or jogging, then this treadmill is a good choice. It has a decent 2.0 CHP motor and enough workout programs to keep you busy.
Additionally, the space saving design might be another good reason for walkers or joggers to choose this treadmill.
Runners might want to look for a treadmill with better features. Especially serious runners because the deck is probably too small. But, if you are a walker or jogger then this treadmill is a good choice.