The Sole Fitness E35 is a sturdy machine. It’s especially suited for the more serious users or users who are looking for a stable machine.
What makes this model stand out from other ellipticals is the quality of the machine. As a result, the E35 offers a relatively comfortable and smooth workout experience.
- The E35 has a 25-pound aluminum flywheel, which will make your workout feel more comfortable.
- The chest-strap is included. You can use it for the heart rate programs.
- It is a relatively high weight capacity elliptical with a weight limit of 375-pounds.
- Some users might want more workout programs, as this model has 'only' got 10 workout programs.
- The E35 has four rear wheels. The wheels are supported by a heavy-duty rail. The rails gives a more natural and stable feel to your workout.
- The oversized foot pedals are designed with the help of a physical therapist. That’s why the pedals have a two-degree inward slope. According to Sole Fitness, this reduces stress on your knees and ankles. The footbeds can also be adjusted for more comfort.
- It has a power incline, this means you can automatically adjust the incline by pressing a button. The angle of the ramp is adjustable from zero to 30 degrees. This is useful to increase or decrease the intensity of your workout.
REVIEW OF THE PRODUCT
Build quality: 4.5/5
The E35 is a stable and sturdy machine. That’s probably the reason why this elliptical is capable of handling users with a maximum weight limit of up to 375 pounds.
The warranty reflects the stability and sturdiness of the machine. You’ll get a; 2 year warranty on labor, 5 years on electronics and parts and a lifetime warranty on the frame.
Furthermore, it has a relatively quiet drive system. You can listen to music through the built-in speakers without getting disturbed by an annoying sound of the machine.
Training variety: 5/5
Regarding training variety; this machine offers 20 levels of automatically adjustable resistance, an automatically adjustable incline of up to 30 degrees and 10 workout programs.
The workout programs are a mix of; 2 custom, 6 standard, and 2 heart rate programs. The heart rate programs are useful for users who want to workout in a certain heart rate zone.
The machine offers two ways to measure the heart rate. You can use the built-in advanced sensor system. The sensor system starts measuring your heart rate as soon as you hold the pulse sensors on the stationary handlebars. Additionally, you can also use the included chest strap to measure your heart rate.
Furthermore, it has a 20” to 22” maximum stride length. The standard stride length of 20” is extendable up to 22 inches when you increase the incline.
The E35 is pretty easy to use. It has a 7.5” blue backlit LCD which is easy to read. The display shows the most important training metrics (time, speed, distance, etc.).
What I particularly like about the display is that you can tilt it to match your eye line. This is especially useful for short or long users, as they might want to tilt the display to match their eye line.
As mentioned before, the console has built-in speakers, which allows you to plug in an MP3 player and listen to your favorite music. Additionally, it has a built-in fan to keep you cool during your workout and a water bottle holder for your water bottle.
How does it compare to other elliptical machines?
The Schwinn 470 is another relatively popular model from the brand Schwinn. The 470 has 29 workout programs, Bluetooth connectivity for automatic sync with the Schwinn Trainer App and 25 levels of resistance.
The 470 might be a better choice if you’re looking for more workout programs and variety.
NordicTrack C 7.5
The NordicTrack C 7.5 has 26 workout programs, 22 levels of automatically adjustable resistance and a 20 Lb flywheel. This model has a relatively high variety of workout programs, just like the Schwinn 470.
It might be a better choice if you’re looking for more workout programs. However, keep in mind the flywheel of this model is 20 Lb., while the E35 has a flywheel of 25 pounds. The weight of the flywheel gives you a good indication of the smoothness of the exercise motion.
You might still be wondering if the E35 suits your needs.
In my opinion, the E 35 is especially a good choice for users who don’t really care about having a large variety of pre-set workout programs and are just looking for a decent quality machine which offers a comfortable workout experience.